Tuesday, April 24, 2012

SUMMA CUM LAUDE

BYU Class of 2012
Scott really finished school back in December '11 but the ceremonies for his graduation weren't 'till last Thursday and Friday (April 19th and 20th). Since we ultimately decided against going back out to Utah to see him walk, I felt bad that it was going to be "just another day" for him and I wanted him to feel special, accomplished, and proud--like anyone should graduating in the top 1% of their class. So last Friday, I pulled my family together for a little graduation ceremony and party of our own.   


The
"ceremony" took place in the front yard after dinner, where some neighbors were perfectly placed outside to be a part of the audience. Scott felt ultra cheesy but I loved every minute of it, and so did he. 
I had Scott put on my robe and gown and even let him use my diploma as we sang the graduation theme song loudly for all to here and he received the diploma from my dad. 


















 These were some serious ice-cream sundays; so serious, it did THIS to Melissa.








It was a pretty sweet graduation--Just the right kinds of food (can't go wrong with DiGiorno supreme pizza and ice-cream sundays), just the right length for an otherwise lengthy ceremony, and just the right amount of fun and games. Thanks, everyone, for a fun night. We only wish our family from TX and Utah could have been a part of it. It was a cute little evening.
Syd knows how to represent. GREAT JOB FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK, SCOTTY! IT HAS PAID OFF SO FAR AND WILL CONTINUE TO!!!







THE BIKE TRAILER
My dad has gotten Scott into biking while we've lived at their house--and that right there folks is Scott's "new" bike. Saturday it was a 60-mile ride, today it was 50; ya know, the norm. I guess once you've gone over the 30 mile mark (I went 20 as a kid once..psh, it was nothin ;)), then you can officially call yourself a biker.

Last week Scott found this bike trailer to tote Sydney along (on the non-extremely-long bike rides) on Craigslist. Retails at about $300...and he found it in practically brand new condition on Craigslist for only $50. What a STEAL!

One moment it's a bike trailer.....

...and the next it's a jogging stroller!!


 Last Saturday night, I let Scott have a good 2 hour break after his 60 miler, and then we went out on 12-mile a ride as a little family. Mi madre came along too. And my dad, he followed us in a car, as we were meeting up at the local Bass Pro Shop and he was OK with biking only 60 for the day.

 Fishies!!!
 LOVE glass elevators

And just so you know, Sydney DID do all of her chores before we left. 



What a good baby. :)

2 comments :

  1. Nice work Scott! Congratulations.

    We have been wanting a bike trailer like that too. I am jealous of the deal you got.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All that hard work paid off! Congrats to Scott! We have bike trailer that does the same thing and love it. We got it for Glen for his 30th birthday and use it all the time (ok, not so much lately with me being preggo)!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment!! They make me happy and I love to hear what you have to say :) Thank you for it!

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS